Did you know that yoga can improve your work life or business?
If you are self employed and in search of some motivation or need to boost your employee moral then this is for you! Yoga can increase productivity and efficiency in the work place by making you feel more awake, relaxed and energised.
"We live in a society where people are always looking for the next sports drink, energy bar, or cup of coffee that will give them the extra edge to get through the day," says researcher Tim Puetz, PhD, also of UGA. "But it may be that lacing up your tennis shoes and getting out and doing some physical activity every morning can provide that spark of energy that people are looking for."
When we do any form of exercise our body relax and our brains feel more awake. This is because any exercise or physical activity gets our heart rate up and the blood flowing and releases endorphins which raises your energy level. Results show that exercise can reduce fatigue and increase energy, through breathe a movement oxygen circulates our bodies which has a positive influence on the oxygen and nutrients the brain gets.
Yoga has the ability to wake up all our senses through breath and movement. Mediation can relax the mind, breathe work can wake us up with oxygen and asana movements can activate our bodies by getting our blood flowing. It also can make us feel more aligned and positive, ready to face the day.
Five ways Yoga can improve your Business:
1) Focus - Have you been feeling tired or drained? Yoga allows you to become more clear to focus on work and the task at hand, without being distracted. When we are more awake we are more focused, we have the energy to operate more effectively.
2) Decision Making - Yoga can relax your mind, creating peace of mind that will help you become more clear on what decisions to make. As you become more more aligned and trust your judgment (with situations, not people), you will become more confident in your choices.
3) Creativity - When your brain is energised, it becomes more active and allows creativity to flow. We can become problem solvers and think of solutions easier, with a positive outlook. Think that the cup is half full, rather then empty, will allow you to look at things from a different perspective and generate new ideas and innovative thinking.
4) Overcome set backs - With a clear mind we can take a step back, look at the bigger picture and put things into perspective, know that one or two set backs will not hold you back from reaching your goal. In fact it might be part of the process, some of the best things come from accidents. Critical thinking is necessary in all aspects of business as it allows you to analyse situations, to discover what is working and what isn't working for you.
5) Connections - When we feel more awake and alive, we are more friendly and happy at work, which will allow us to connect better with our customers, employees and colleagues. Overall generating a better work environment for everyone.
Yoga can also improve your mental state which will help you become more aligned with yourself and the work that you do, helping to find a job or create a business that you feel passionate about. Yoga helps us to look inwards and focus on our truth to create peace of mind, once we discover our passion, we will discover our purpose.